Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Jacob Javits, I'd like to thank you for everything


Few are better at turning a phrase than Pavement, who've reclaimed heavy rotation over the past few days. Sometimes I need a break, but I always come back.

No one gives better wordplay, such as these lyrics from "Shady Lane," off Brighten the Corners:

"Redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash ... "

and

"You've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life ... "

All hail Stephen Malkmus.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, although that album is a little past their golden age, in my opinion. He is supposedly touring again soon with his new band. No matter who he is playing with, his voice will make it worthwile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed ... Corners was their last good album, really. But I just love those lines on Shady Lane. I could've easily picked 50 others.

    ReplyDelete