Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm not feeling too good myself


They change the "Price is Right" models more frequently than they alter movie trailer music. It started with James Brown's "I Feel Good" ... "Just when Joe Roberts thought his life was over, he met Drew Barrymore ... I Feel Good, da da da da, and I knew that I would ..."

After running that one into the ground, Hollywood decided it was time to recycle another overplayed classic rock anthem, Joe Cocker's "Feeling Alright." "Do da do, do da do doo do ... Bob Lawrence lost his job, his wife, his guitar ... then he met Drew Barrymore ... Feeling alright!"

Now, maintainting a tradition of being 10 years behind the times, movie trailers are employing nameless ska/rock in a baseless attempt to attract young audiences.

Number 543 among things wrong with modern cinema.

1 comment:

  1. My other fave is "Walk Like a Man:" applicable to drag movies, coming-of-age movies, and films about cavemen learning to adapt after thawing out in the 21st century...

    ReplyDelete