Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Baby talk, baby talk, it's a wonder you can walk


America has lots of sweethearts; everyone from Julia Roberts to Jennifer Aniston has been anointed as such. None annoys more than Drew Barrymore, (Cindy Brady without the acting range).

So as I'm perusing the new releases at the local video store, I come across what has to be the lamest documentary ever lensed.

Ever since the second grade when he first saw her in E.T. The Extraterrestrial, Brian Herzlinger has had a crush on Drew Barrymore. Now, 20 years later he's decided to try to fulfill his lifelong dream by asking her for a date. There's one small problem: She's Drew Barrymore and he's, well, Brian Herzlinger, a broke 27-year-old aspiring filmmaker from New Jersey.

I've said it before about different movies, but my own burgeoning cliche applies here: I'd rather be locked in the bathroom, for two hours, with nothing to read than have to endure two minutes of "My Date with Drew."

And what's with the crappy taste in sweethearts, America?

1 comment:

  1. Fuck Drew Barrymore, I say. Fuck her. . . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Yummie!

    ReplyDelete