Thursday, April 20, 2006

A non-witty rejoinder

So "Anonymous" thinks I should stop ripping Robin Williams. I'd conceal my identity, too, if I were defending Mork:

I'll bet Robin Williams could've defused the situation .... with laughter. Why don't you lay off Robin? He has taught the world to laugh. I was very sick once, and watching "Patch Adams" lifted my spirits and accelerated my recovery. What have you ever done for sick people? Leave Robin alone. He's a wonderful human being.

I'll let Robin, er, Patch speak for himself --

You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person I'll guarantee you'll win.

Home. The dictionary defines it as both a place of origin and a goal or destination. And the storm? The storm was all in my mind. Or as the poet Dante put it: In the middle of the journey of my life, I found myself in a dark wood, for I had lost the right path. Eventually I would find the right path, but in the most unlikely place.

We need to start treating the patient as well as the disease.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly without complexities or pride. I love you because I know no other way then this. So close that your hand, on my chest, is my hand. So close, that when you close your eyes, I fall asleep.

Death. To die. To expire. To pass on. To perish. To peg out. To push up daisies. To push up posies. To become extinct. Curtains, deceased, Demised, departed And defunct. Dead as a doornail. Dead as a herring. Dead as a mutton. Dead as nits. The last breath. Paying a debt to nature. The big sleep. God's way of saying, "Slow down."

(imitating a skeleton) I have a boner. Wait, I am a boner.

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Boone,

    I once had ringworm.

    I watched Good Morning Vietnam (edited for television) and two weeks later my ringworm was gone.

    Coincidence? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say taht Robin Williams did get to deliver one of my favorite movie lines:
    You're more in need of a blow job then any white man in history".

    It was funnier because he's, ya know, creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Why am I suddenly reminded of the episode of Friends that includes a doctor versed in all things Arthur Fonzarelli?

    ReplyDelete