Monday, April 10, 2006

Get out of my brain!

If you own a television, you've probably heard the annoying song that accompanies that ubiquitous Chase credit card commercial. Maybe I watch too much TV, but it seems to be airing on a continuous loop, particularly during sporting events:

I'm 22 for a moment
She feels better than ever
And we're on fire
Making our way back from Mars


Aaaaaaaaaaagh!

The lyrics are cheesy enough, but that cloying, achy falsetto is brutal. After some research, I've identified the musical offenders: Five for Fighting. The song: 100 Years. I know nothing about this band, but, according to Amazon.com, customers who bought their album also purchased Maroon 5, Rob Thomas and John Mayer.

Case closed: they suck.

God save us from the sensitive balladeer!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:42 PM

    That's funny. I like Five For Fighting.

    And, yes. I am ashamed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Hey, buddy! Watch what you say about Dave Matthews... He's 'da man'...

    And there's no way Dave would be caught in a gay-looking scarf like that (not that there's anything wrong with that...).

    ReplyDelete