Some lowlights from Citizens Against Government Waste's 2006 Congressional Pig Book:
* $1 million for the Waterfree Urinal Conservation Initiative;
* $550,000 for the Museum of Glass in Tacoma, Washington;
* $500,000 for the Sparta Teapot Museum in Sparta, North Carolina;
* $500,000 for the Arctic Winter Games in Alaska;
* $250,000 for the National Cattle Congress in Waterloo, Iowa; and
* $100,000 for the Richard Steele Boxing Club in Henderson, Nevada.
Obviously, earmark reform is badly needed, but I'm not holding my breath.