Monday, May 01, 2006

Poor, poor pitiful me

I don't doubt that Susan Sarandon has received the occasional death threat from whack jobs on the right for her stance on the war in Iraq. And I'm not surprised that she's exploited the fringe to turn herself into a martyr (an art mastered by the Clintons).

Memo to Hollywood liberals: this is why people want you to shut up.

"I don't think that I ever thought someone would ever really kill me, although there were some people who said, 'I'd like someone to knock her off', on the radio and stuff like that," she said.

"And I don't think that I thought that I'd really never work again. But when there is nobody else, when you look out on the field and everybody is quiet and they're all looking away and nobody's saying anything, it's a really scary place to be."

She went on to say that the way she and her family had been targeted by the media and the public was "horrifying." So it's okay to criticize, but not to be criticized in return?

No comments:

Post a Comment