Sunday, May 14, 2006

M is for the moan, and the miserable groan ...


from the pain that she felt when I was born

O is for the oven with it's burnin' heat
where she stood makin' sure I had something to eat

T is for the time that she stayed up at night
and took my temperature when I wasn't feelin' right

H is for the hard earned money she spent
to keep clothes on my back and try to pay da' rent

E is every wrinkle I put on her face
and every worry that I caused when I stayed out late

The last letter R is that she taught me Respect
and for the room up in heaven that I know she'll get

Some Mother's Day poetry, compliments of the Malcontent's favorite self-help guru-to-be, Mr. T. Like I was going to resist this one.

Watch the video here.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:31 PM

    Nothing quite like poetry from the hood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:22 PM

    I didn' watch the video.

    How's the rain Normie???

    ReplyDelete