Friday, March 17, 2006

Maybe he was drunk

Or, more likely, he's just a huge bigot, lacking any sense of context. Now I could care less about being excluded from some parade, considering I hate parades (I know, I must be one of them self-loathing queers), but it's instructive to know what some people think of my kind:

"If an Israeli group wants to march in New York, do you allow neo-Nazis into their parade? If African-Americans are marching in Harlem, do they have to let the Ku Klux Klan into their parade?" said John Dunleavy, who's in charge of Manhattan's St. Patrick's Day Parade.

"People have rights. If we let the ILGO in, is it the Irish Prostitute Association next?" he said.


Well as long as gay pride parades can exclude hate-mongers, then I guess we're even.

(I guess I was wrong about men who wear dresses).

No comments:

Post a Comment