Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The humorless prude speaketh

Some things I just know to avoid. Like the upcoming "Larry the Cable Guy" movie. Harmless stuff, but does the world need another fat Southern fart machine? (Don't worry, there's plenty of belching, too).

Sample line: "Ever fart so hard your back cracks?"

("Yeah, and I got on the phone and told everyone about it. Oh, wait, that was fifth grade.")

Being a Southerner, and gay, I'm used to my own kind wallowing in cultural and sexual stereotype. Didn't think I could connect Larry the Cable Guy and Sean Hayes, did ya?

It's as if both groups have given up: So you think we're all a bunch of uncultured hicks overly comfortable with our own bodily functions? You got it! Assume we're all theatrical queens with show tunes in our hearts? Done!

How 'bout a little mystery for a change? Or just an ounce of subtlety.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap time machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment