Sunday, January 29, 2006

Stretching those 15 minutes


Before commenting on Cindy Sheehan (the shrill reincarnation of "Georgette" from the old Mary Tyler Moore show), am I still required to express my sympathy over the death of her son?

I'm not going to be so cold as to say she should move on, but I wish she would move out of the spotlight. It's time to for the country to give Sheehan the collective cold shoulder, particularly now that she's decided to become the latest political dillettante cozying up to Venezuelan thug Hugo Chavez.

"He said, why don't I run for president? ... I just laughed," she said.

Instead, she's pondering a run for the U.S. Senate, against that noted warmonger Diane Feinstein.

"She voted for the war. She continues to vote for the funding. She won't call for an immediate withdrawal of the troops," Sheehan told The Associated Press in an interview while attending the World Social Forum in Venezuela along with thousands of other anti-war and anti-globalization activists.

Her opposition to the Iraqi conflict notwithstanding, anyone trying to curry favor with a fascist dictator merits only condescension.

No comments:

Post a Comment