Thursday, January 12, 2006

Highway cholesterol


Spending about five hours on the road today, I was reminded how much I hate vans. I don't necessarily hate the people who drive them, but every time one pulls out in front of me --- which they invariably do, only to drive one mile per hour above the speed limit --- I recoil in rage.

At least they give you plenty of reading material. Van owners seem particularly fond of that trite bumper sticker ideology; suburban moms don't go anywhere without their W. stickers, or a pink or yellow or mauve ribbon. Likewise, you're bound to see a "Love Your Mother" sticker or "Bring Them Home" magnet on the back of, say, your average saggy tittied lesbian's van.

Bring back the hippies and their VW's. On second thought, don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment