Wednesday, December 28, 2005

When I live my dream


As a yute, I had one predominant role model: Mary Tyler Moore. I dreamed of living alone and working in a newsroom. Done ... though I've yet to turn anyone on with my smile. My legs aren't up to par, either.

Using some of my Christmas stash to buy the Season 2 DVD of the "MTM" show, I had this epiphanny that I've achieved my modest childhood aspirations. So I should be content, right?

Somewhere along the way, however, I decided I'd rather be Hunter S. Thompson, minus the suicide. Still, looks as if I've made it, after all.

Speaking of Mary, why isn't she a bigger gay icon? Compared to Streisand, Midler, Madonna, Cher ... no contest. Give me MTM and Maude, any day, and keep your half-baked, overrated divas in the closet, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment