Friday, June 02, 2006

On Japanese and gingers

Desperate for a theme to reintroduce a most hypnotic song unheard by these ears in years -- although I pretty much memorized it over many LONG nights in Hollywood -- I turn again to that horrific picture of Carrot Top posted earlier.

The tune to which I refer: "In Particular," by Blonde Redhead. Get it -- redhead, Carrot Top? ... There's my balanced theme: bad redhead/Carrot Top, good redhead/Blonde Redhead.

"This Is Not" is another favorite off of "Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons," one of the best albums of 2000. I saw Blonde Redhead live in an intimate L.A. setting about five years ago and was hooked, although at the time I did have a considerable weakness for bands fronted by Japanese chanteuses (Melt Banana and Cibo Matto being the others, before Sean Lennon pulled a reverse Yoko and broke the up latter duo ... actually I don't know that to be true, but it has been six years since "Stereotype A.")

No comments:

Post a Comment