Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A modest proposal

Note to any Homeland Security officials who might be reading this: A.) I'm not a 14-year-old girl and B.) I'm being satirical, much like Jonathan Swift (minus the ability).

But if I were, say, a teen-age Muslim mired in poverty, and I saw an episode of MTV's "My Super Sweet 16," I'd be tempted to strap a bomb to my chest. Granted, I can't resist watching, but my murderous impulses are benign.

There are some legit reasons to, ahem, strongly dislike us, and we can thank the entertainment industry for providing at least half those reasons.

***Considering the times we live in (when someone can be detained for listening to the Clash ... see post from earlier today), let me repeat: I'm not now, nor have I ever been, a terrorist sympathizer, nor do I condone violence of any kind. Just testing the waters of absurdity.

No comments:

Post a Comment